Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thursday's Kitchen Cupboard

I have been pretty good at sticking to the planned weekly menu.

Monday: We had sesame chicken legs/thighs and Udon noodles with spiny peanut sauce. I was able to use cilantro, green onions, and hot peppers for the sauce.




Tuesday: My plan changed a little bit - I was going to make tomato soup, salad, and grilled cheese, but it turned into homemade pizza with eggplant. (no pic) I happened to see beautiful eggplants at a farmer's market that day and could not resist. So I fried some up and made a "eggplant parmesan" pizza instead. Very Yummy!


Wednesday: I still had some more eggplants so I simply roasted them in the oven along with the sweet potatoes (not from the garden...). Once the eggplants were done, I tossed them in the tomato sauce that I used for the pizza from the night before. Since the oven was on, I just threw in the salmon fillets instead of pan frying. You'll also see a handful of peas, beans, and carrots from the garden on the side.


Also, I had a few apples that needed to be used up, so I threw together a quick apple crisp for dessert.



On the menu for tonight is falafel sandwich. I need to get my dough going for the pita!

Go visit the host of Thursday's Kitchen Cupboard and see what everyone is cooking and preserving this week.

10 comments:

  1. Falafels - yum! I made some fried chickpea patties this week, same ingredients as falafels. And apple crisps are always good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My plan changed again, and it got modified to a falafel salad! It's like a falafel sandwich without the carbs. Healthier and still yummy. Of course the apple crisp made up for all the missing carbs....

      Delete
  2. Everything looks good! We had some nice fresh fall peas for dinner last night. There's nothing better then all those fresh veggies from the garden!

    I really would love some of that apple crisp right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your peas look beautiful! What is the secret? It was really funny to shell one pea per pod - all I got was a handful of peas out of probably about 100 pods! Apple crisp is such an easy and quick dessert, I love it!

      Delete
  3. Mmmm apple crisp sounds interesting.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the night temperatures keep falling, I can almost smell the fall. To me that's the smell of Apple crisp!

      Delete
  4. You made some beautiful dishes this week. That chicken dish looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jody. The chicken dish is one of my husband's favorite dishes. I love making it because it's super easy and fast. Here is the link: http://www.theendlessmeal.com/sesame-ginger-baked-chicken/

      Delete