Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pests Pests Pests!!!

Beans - both my hard beans and bush beans have been demolished by those Mexican bean beetles. I thought I would get another nice crop, but it's looking doubtful...

Brassicas - I planted them way too late, but I am just going to see what happens. For some reason, I thought it would be safe to plant them out without a cover on.... but no. Those caterpillars (green, grey, black, all kinds) are just never ending. I am going to try covering them today.

Peppers - stink bugs are all over sweet and hot peppers. I hope they won't cause too much damage...

Radishes - The caterpillars are also eating away my radish leaves.

Spinach and Swiss chard seedlings - the little sprouts keep getting eaten by something. I should cover them until they are well established?

Beets - not exactly pests, but they got rained on hard and most are dead flat.

Peas - again, the caterpillars and something else that makes the root (or stem near the root) rot.


I guess we all have to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment