Monday, September 17, 2012

Harvest Monday

It was a week of Peppers! Most of the Anaheim peppers are done due to some disease or pest problems. I was hoping those little ones would get bigger, but with the cool night temperatures and leaves yellowing, I had to pick them all. Still, some are decent size.

My sweet peppers have still yet to show any sign of red blush. I love roasted red peppers, so I'm anxiously waiting.


I also picked one cucumber. Again, they are not liking the cool temperatures, but I'll let them be as long as they keep trying to live.

A handful of beans. They were attacked by those Mexican Bean Beetles last week, but they seem to have come and go. Most of my bean plants are now bare, but they are still trying to flower...

A few Jolokia pepper for my husband. This 3 year old plant nearly died last winter, but it's come back and been producing well.


The fall asparagus is up! However, I only planted the roots this Spring, so I think I'm supposed to let them go and not pick them until the following year. Very tempting though!





Broccoli raab is doing well. They are still small, but I think I'll be able to enjoy some young shoots for a meal this week.




I started the fall plants way too late, but I'm going to give them a chance. Of course, those caterpillars are all over the place, but I keep on picking them off.

Happy Harvest Monday!

Visit the host of Harvest Monday and see what's going on in everyone's garden!

4 comments:

  1. This is the year of the pepper! Yours look beautiful! Mine are taking forever to turn red too and I am running out of time. Oh well, green are good too, but not as. Good luck with your fall plantings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nutmeg Gardener! I feel your pain - I feel like I'm running out of time, too. I have some green peppers already in the freezer, but it would really be nice to have reds as well! But just looking at how they performed all season, I cannot complain about the peppers.

      Delete
  2. Nice peppers you have there. Looks like your fall garden is well on its way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mac! It's my first time preparing for fall garden, so it'll be a challenge. But I'm learning whole a lot for sure!

      Delete