Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thursday's Kitchen Cupboard

What a busy week! I had a special guest visit me from overseas this week, and have not been able to do much in the garden. But I've sure been cooking a lot!

One of the things I made was this coconut Thai curry with the garden veggies (zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, onions) and shrimp, and squid.

This is surprisingly very easy if you have a jar of Thai curry paste (red or green) and a can of coconut milk (unsweetened) and whatever protein and veggies you want to put in it. My husband likes it with LOTS of hot chiles from the garden. We have several different types of hot peppers - mostly for him.





Then the next day, I grilled whole chickens with some jerk seasoning, corn, and some more veggies. It's usually my husband's job to grill, but he was busy with work this week, so I did it this time. I still need to improve my skills, especially when it comes to charcoal grilling, but I'm getting there.

I love these easy summer meals! (Our puppy thinks so too!)

Visit the host of Thursday Cupboard to see everyone's yummy treats!


8 comments:

  1. Yum! I love fast but delicious summer meals too. The more my garden is featured in it - the better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I wish I could say those chickens were mine, too! Something to look into in the future.

      Delete
  2. I love curries with coconut milk! It is a great way to use up those odds and ends of veggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love using coconut milk in dishes. It does go well with all sorts of viggies.

      Delete
  3. Oh yummy!!! Great easy and delicious recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin! I think easy and simple is best especially in the summer time!

      Delete
  4. Great use of your harvests!! Everything looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly! I have been getting so many great cooking ideas from other gardening bloggers:)

      Delete