Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thursday's Kitchen Cupboard

Here are some of the things we've had this week. It's so great to be able to have fresh veggies right from your own backyard.

Monday, we had the beef kabobs marinated with lots of garlic, onions, oregano, wine, balsamic, olive oil and whatever else I felt like putting in... On the side, we made grilled zucchini and peppers (no picture), plus stuffed Jalapeno peppers from the garden:

I love this tool - well, it's actually my husband's tool. You just remove the stems and seeds, stuff them with cheese and grill them. So easy and delicious! Some Jalapenos were too small for the size of the holes, so I stacked 2 pieces together and it works fine.





Last night we had some flounder with veggies from the garden. I was supposed to make rice pilaf, but made sour cream parmesan potatoes instead. I also sauteed zucchini, carrots, and beans.


I'm excited that I have been able to freeze some of these veggies for the winter! I was hoping to make 100 packets of veggies in the freezer, but I think I need to plant a little more to be able to eat everyday and preserve enough for later.


I'm linking this post to The Gardener of Eden - the host of Thursday's Kitchen Cupboard!



4 comments:

  1. Nice kabobs! we also freeze alot of fresh veggies like yours for winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love grilled everything! Happy harvesting and preserving!

      Delete
  2. You sure are going to love those frozen veggies come winter! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin! Yes, I'm sure we'll enjoy the veggies in the winter. I have to learn the best way to preserve each vegetable.

      Delete