Monday, August 13, 2012

Harvest Monday


The ugliest melon I've ever seen!! I planted 3 different types of muskmelons, but only this one lived long enough to produce fruit. It is called Prescott Fond Blanc Muskmelon. I wish I had taken a picture just the day before I picked this. It was bright GREEN. And it's been green for several weeks. I didn't know when it was going to ripen, but I was shocked to see the quick change of color over night. And it smelled so heavenly.

The taste???

Unfortunately, not so good.....

I read a lot of reviews where people are commenting on the "so-so" taste of this melon, so I'm not surprised. That combined with the poor soil of my garden, I can't expect much. It just didn't have the sweetness at all.

But still, I'm pretty excited about harvesting my first ever muskmelon!


Please visit the host of Harvest Monday where all gardeners around the world are sharing their yummy harvests.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first melon! I'm still waiting for mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jenny! I know the feeling... I thought my melons would never ripen. I have one more, hoping it will be sweeter than the first one.

    ReplyDelete