Thursday, August 2, 2012

Blueberry Crumb Coffee Cake






We are big blueberry fans! So we are pretty happy that there are about 25lb of blueberries in the freezer right now. There is a farm that we go to towards the end of the season when they let you pick as many berries as you want for close to free. Not so fun part is the washing and picking the stems off, but it's well worth the time and effort. Now I have all those berries to make muffins, jams, smoothies, ice cream, etc. all year long. Last year I made blueberry citrus conserve and it was a big hit, so I may make a batch of that again to give away as gifts.

For now, this is the first blueberry thing I made this season - crumb coffee cake. Of course, I couldn't resist tasting it shortly after it came out of the oven, as you can see a piece missing in the picture. The recipe actually came from the blueberry farm. My husband will be happy for a week.

2 comments:

  1. That coffee cake looks yummy! I always say, you have to taste test to make sure it's OK for everyone else to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, absolutely! I often get too full to eat the actual meal by the time I finish cooking or baking...

    ReplyDelete