Monday, October 29, 2012

Harvest Monday

Sandy is approaching.... and it's supposed pass right above where we are.....

We did everything we could to prepare for this. I covered some of my cabbages and young strawberry plants with leaves and then with plastic bird net, hoping they will stay put. My low PVC tunnel and big hoop house will be a challenge. I put a lot of potted plants and gardening tools etc. inside the hoop house, so if it blows away, I'm in deep trouble...

I didn't cover garlic, carrots, radishes, and some other things, but I'm just hoping for the best for them...

The wind is really picking up, but we still have power. I hope I can follow up with a positive post in a few days.


Earlier today, I manage to make some meat sauce with the tomato sauce I caned, onions, carrots, celery, basil, and oregano from the garden. That's what we will have for the next few days...



The last of the hot peppers are in the dehydrator to be made into crushed red peppers.



I also made a cream cheese danish and a bunch of chocolate chip coconut cookies. I think we'll be okay for a while!


Those who are on the east coast, stay safe!

I'm linking up to the host of Harvest Monday - see what is being harvested in everyone's garden around this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment