Monday, October 1, 2012

Harvest Monday

I always forget to take pictures of my harvests, but here are some pictures of the actual plants that I have been picking from. Although it has slowed down a lot, I still have a handful of something to eat from the garden everyday.

Sweet Peppers - The plants are still healthy and the peppers are FINALLY turning yellow/orange. I don't have any that will turn red this year, but these guys are as sweet as the reds. I'm very happy with these varieties. They will definitely be planted again next year.







Hot Peppers - We have several different kinds, but these cayennes are HUGE! They are also turning gorgeous red. Cannot wait to fire roast them and make our favorite hot wing sauce!





Here is a picture of Kale and some lettuce. Kale was planted in March, and it was heavily infested with cabbage loopers a few times. I gave up hope once, but I'm glad I didn't pull them up just yet. With the cooler weather and no more loopers around, it's starting to come back!


Here is more Kale, but these were planted about a month ago. They don't look much different than the ones above. They grow quick! There are some fall carrots to the right - they were planted in July. I think I'm going to let them go a while longer. Basil needs to come out though. It's starting to show brown spots because of the cold night temperatures.






The last standing cucumber plant for the year! It's a little strange to harvest a cucumber in October, but I'm not complaining.


Here are some of my fall/winter shots. I hope we won't have our first frost anytime soon, as these plants still need a lot of time till the maturity dates.

Cabbages



Cauliflower and Broccoli (very very crowded)





Wasabina (I think) and Arugula seedlings




 Happy Fall Harvesting!


I'm linking up to the host of Harvest Monday, where gardeners from all over the world share their harvests!


No comments:

Post a Comment