Wednesday, July 25, 2012

First entry

Welcome to my blog! I hope to share my gardening and cooking episodes, but mainly to document my successes and failures so I can make improvements in the future.

My love for cooking (and eating) naturally led me to gardening, so I can grow fresh produce right at my door step. Well, it's easier said than done. For the last several years, my husband and I lived in cities and have tried to grow things mainly in pots with the exception of one summer when we were able to rent a community garden plot. And this year, we finally moved to a place where we are allowed to have dig a garden! As much as we are excited to have this big space, it's still not so easy...

I have been learning how to garden by following other people's blogs, researching online, and reading books. Although it's well into the mid summer already, it's about time I start blogging and sharing my experiences.

We moved to this place last December, and we started our adventure by building a hoop house. So there is quite a bit of things to post, but I'll start with the current state of my garden and sometimes go back several weeks or moths as I remember.

Because it's my first entry, I will include a picture of today's harvest:


Soy Beans - 12oz
Yellow string beans - 5oz
Tomatoes - 1lb 3oz
A couple of damaged hot peppers and a cucumber

No comments:

Post a Comment