Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Harvest report

Busy few weeks and not much going on in the garden as we have been having freezing temps lately. Things in the hoop house are barely making it through. But that's for another post.

I was excited to be able to include my garden harvests in our Thanksgiving meals.

Potatoes - used in mashed potatoes
Celery - used in stuffing
Herbs - used for flavoring the Turkey and Gravy
Butternut Squash and Carrots - used in roasted veggie medley
Horse radish - used as a condiment for Turkey and Kielbasa




There was also a very exciting harvest - LIME!!!! I had no idea when it was ready to pick, but it has been on the plant for several months at this size. I understand that overripe limes are inedible, so I certainly didn't want it to go to waste by waiting for too long. Well, it turns out we seemed to have picked it just at the right time. It was delicious and juicy!



It really made our adult drinks very special!






I have one more lime on a different plant, and a meyer lemon that is slowly turning yellow. Cannot wait to taste them!

No comments:

Post a Comment